|Photo courtesy Mystic Seaport Museum; key at bottom of post|
First up are the opening remarks by Steve White, the President and CEO of Mystic Seaport Musuem, followed by David C. Woodman's keynote address, complete with his slides; as the key figure in understanding Inuit testimony and the search for Franklin's ships, I know his was perhaps the most anticipated of the day. And then, in order:
• The panel on Inuit oral histories, featuring Fred Calabretta, Lawrence Millman, and Kenn Harper.
• The panel, "Of Ships and Men," about forensic work on the Franklin mystery, featuring John Geiger, Peter Carney, and Keith Millar.
• The panel on current archaeological work on Franklin, with a report from Doug Stenton on past and ongoing land archaeology.
• The panel on Franklin and Popular Culture, with myself and Leanne Shapton in conversation.
• The overall Q&A following all the panels (with a great opening question from my friend Frank Michael Schuster.
• The wonderful musical send-off from Geoff Kaufmann!
KEY: In the photo, from left to right: Jonathan Moore, Keith Millar, Peter Carney, Kenn Harper, Dave Woodman, Steve White, Leanne Shapton, John Geiger, Russell Potter, Lawrence Millman, Nicholas Bell.