- A hitherto unknown 1861 poem about Sir John Franklin.
- A rare photo of a "Sundial Erected by Sir John Franklin at Fort Simpson"
- A beautifully-reproduced copy of Karl Hagenbeck's memoir, Von Tieren und Menschen.
- A photo of L.T. Burwash with a group of Netsilingmiut near Gjoa Haven in 1929.
- The White World, a scarce book published in 1902 with illustrations by Albert Operti.
From my initial experience, I would say that, in its present form, the value added is largely that of convenience, although further searches in individual archives would still be needed. And yet as the project progresses, I'm certain it will soon have the breadth and flexibility to be a truly world-class archival search, and the go-to site for anyone interested in the history of the Canadian Arctic.
P.S. -- my thanks to the Bioscope blog for first alerting me to this service!